Josh Bicking (@jibby0) - 07 March 2019
This talk goes over ZFS history, terminology, and basics.
It covers the features ZFS provides, the copy-on-write model, snapshotting, and the shortcomings of the filesystem. Complete with demo commands to get started!
- Are the GPLv2 and CDDL incompatible?
- Sun’s Common Development and Distribution License Request to the OSI
- zfsonlinux/zfs GitHub wiki: Getting Started
- Github issue: ZFS Fragmentation: Long-term Solutions
- Fork Yeah! The rise and development of illumos
- OpenZFS User Documentation
- Aaron Toponce’s “Getting Started with ZFS” Guide
Download the slides