Week #9: Rust
Tim Zabel (@Tjzabel) - 22 March 2019
This week’s talk is all about Mozilla’s Rust programming language. Ben Goldberg will be leading this week’s presentation as to what Rust is, and why you should use it.
– Tim Zabel (@Tjzabel)
Interested in a RITlug jacket? Let us know in the poll found on the RITlug slack announcements channel. In order to go through with ordering, we will need at least 10 interested members.
- KDE Connect was removed from the Google App Store (It’s back!)
- CentOS 8 needs artwork designers!
- Kodi foundation joins the Linux Foundation
- Kernel devs are discussing memory-specific speedups. If you love systems programming, or just watching devs dish it out, here’s a mailing list convo you don’t want to miss.
- Anyone remember KNOPPIX? It hit version 8.5.0. This Debian-based distro helped popularize Live CDs. Still going strong after 18 years!