Welcome, new & old alike!
Justin W. Flory (@jwf / @jflory7) - 29 November 2018
Welcome to Week 13. Join us this week for a guest presentation from Jason Carr on cross-distribution packaging.
Jason will discuss the problems and difficulties with existing package managers on Linux. Two solutions have come about:
- Bundled application managers
- Improved package managers
Additionally, Jason will give a comparison of bundled applications: Snap, Flatpak, and AppImage. He will also talk about the cross-distro package managers Nix and Guix.
We hope to see you at this week’s meeting. If you aren’t in our Slack already, don’t forget to come and say hello!
- Justin W. Flory (jwf / jflory7)
- Tue, Nov. 27th: Thanks everyone who came out to the FOSS Family Dinner! (See on Twitter…)
- Fri, Dec. 7th: Final RITlug meeting of semester. Join us for the semesterly game night, combining both retro game consoles and newer consoles on big-screen projectors in Golisano.